Back in April I wrote about sorting luggage out for my BMW RnineT – if you missed that post you can read it here.
At that time I hadn’t actually got round to fitting on the bike, but with a European trip looming I thought I best give it a try, which is exactly what I did last week.
I wasn’t expecting the fit to be anything other than routine – and that’s exactly how it worked out.
There is information on the Motorrad luggage along with pictures on the earlier Blog post – so there is only a brief re-cap in this post, but if you do want to back track to that info’ you can do so here.
The bag is made of water-repellent canvas and holds about 40 litres, which is plenty big enough for a couple of weeks away. The fitment to the bike is done via some simple straps and the shaped base plate (or ground plate) being made to precisely fit the pillion seat on the RnineT.
The bag looks to be really well made and is a neat and clever design. The supplied attachments are very unobtrusive on the bike and simply attach behind a couple of the Torx bolts.
Once the supplied brackets are attached it’s really a simple case of placing the bag on the seat and threading and then tightening two velcro straps to the brackets.
After that there are two more velcro straps that loop through the fastening lugs that are already on the underside of the bike frame – and that’s it. It all seems to work and fasten easily enough. In all fairness it’s not quite as quick and simple as clipping on the luggage that I used to have on my Kawasaki Z1000 SX, but that aside the luggage looks good and seems fit for purpose.
A few thousand miles through Spain and Portugal will provide an opportunity for a ‘real world’ test and I’ll write more in due course about just how practical it all was in practice.
I have included a couple of pictures from the earlier Blog post in the gallery below.